Hiking/Backpacking Tours and accommodation
EASTERN ESCAPE - HIKING AND SIGHTSEEING TOUR
Blue Mountain Wilderness Retreat (BMWR)
Grand Ridge View and Bamboo Grove Camp Sites
Come away from the urban hustle and bustle and do something different this weekend... Escape!!
Blue Mountain Wilderness Retreat is a special place - over 500m above sea level in the forest of the northern Blue Mountains.
Panoramic, peaceful, serene and meditative
1 mile hike from the nearest community, the remoteness of the Blue Mountain Wilderness Retreat is only matched by the comfort and hospitality we offer. The traditional Jamaican finger licking cuisine at the riverside swim and cookout completes the close encounter of the natural kind.
DAY TOURS FROM THE WILDERNESS RETREAT
1. Eastern Escape - Min. 6 PERSONS
(Hike and Guided Tour to the Mabess River Gorge and Water Falls along with Riverside Cookout
Small Group (Min. of 6 persons) 6-10 Person US$15.00/person)
Includes: Taxes, Insurance, Guide Service and Lunch
2. Community Walk-about and Blue Mountain Coffee Farm Tour - A Walking Tour of the very traditional and quaint mountain community of Bangor Ridge; enjoy a visit to a coffee farm and see the tradition of growing this world famous brew and share experiences with local residents while enjoying the fantastic views from the Ridge.
COST: No Charge but a tip is always appreciated
Includes: Guide Service and Insurance
3. Tours of the Heritage Corridor of the Blue Mountains - The Buff Bay Valley -
1. Charles Town Maroon Museum Tour - Jamaica;s First Free People
2. Shantemee - Blue Mountain Coffee Farm Tour
3. Nyam Jam Travel Halt - Games, Swimming and Relaxation -
4. Hiking and Backpacking Tours into the Blue Mountains